The most selected fabric has some fascinating facts about it since its origin. Denim is the most popular and highly used piece of cloth in our wardrobe, which is universally pairable.
Every person owns at least one denim apparel. It will be fun knowing rare facts about a regular of our wardrobe.
- Denim was made for the Italian navy to wear while on duty.
- Initially, indigo dye was an excellent selection to give the blue color effect to jeans as this was the best color to hide dirt on clothing.
- Levi Strauss, the creator of the famous brand Levi’s, never wore a pair of his jeans. He believed he was a wealthy businessman, and jeans were for the poorer people.
- Denim was known as ‘Waist Overalls’ before the 1950s
- The oldest pair of Levi’s Jeans was found in abandoned silver mines in Nevada in the 1990s. It is said to be worn by the silver miners and belonged to the late 1800s collection.
- The mini pocket of jeans was initially designed for a pocket watch.
- Twenty thousand tons of indigo are produced annually for dyeing jeans.
- The durability of denim comes from the weave known as twill weave
- Wearing jeans became a symbol of youth rebellion during the 1950s.
- Denim symbolizes something more significant about the American spirit.
- One can make around 225 pairs of jeans from one bale of cotton.
- Every American owns an average of seven pairs of blue jeans.
- The birthday of blue jeans falls on May 20, 1873
- American soldiers wore jeans in World War II while off-duty, making jeans famous outside of the United States.
- Approximately 450 million pairs of jeans are sold in the United States every year.
Hope you enjoyed reading about these fascinating facts about Denim – day-to-day apparel. We all have at least one in our wardrobes and know very little about it. Now you can flaunt out these facts in your conversations and make an impression.
Hemming the Denim
Hemming trends have evolved over the years. Clothing is an imperative part of our days and the way we dress up tells…View More
Comfort is the new denim trend
Choose comfort denim jeans that will take shape as your suit of armor. We all Love Denim jeans and apparel, but ever…View More
How Old Denim is Recycled into Furniture!
In order to decrease wastage and make Planet Earth better for the future generation, it is important to take effective steps. By…View More
Zara to Introduce Denim Customisation Pop-ups in Stores
Denim is the most loved fabric of all time. Each one of us has at least one pair of denim jeans. Denim…View More
Pragati Maidan, New Delhi
Bombay Exhibition Centre, Mumbai